Q) What is database ?
A) A database is a collection of data , By data we mean known facts that can be recorded and that have implicit meaning
Q) Why we need database ?
A) Database technology have a major impact on the growing use of computers . It is fair to say that database play a critical role in almost all area where computers are used .
Ex :- Banking ,Hotel management ,Library Catalog .
Q) What is SQL ?
- SQL Stands for Structural Query Language .
- SQL statements are used to perform tasks such as update data on a database, or retrieve data from database.
- SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard .
- Almost most of the relational database management systems supports SQL
Q) What is DBMS ?
- DBMS Stands for Database Mangement System .
- DBMS is defined as the software program that is used to manage the databases
Q) What is RDBMS ?
- RDBMS Stands for Relational Database Mangement System .
- RDBMS is defined as the software program that is used to manage the relational database .
- The database system in which the relationships among different tables are maintained is called Relational Database Management System .