In this post we shall see Version number , API Level , Nick Name ,Release Date and Features for each of the android versions .
|Release Date||September 2008|
- Allows to download and update the application from android market.
- Web browser to show, zoom and pan full HTML, X HTML web pages .
- This Version is Packed with great internet serviced based apps like Gmail , Gtalk,Google maps ,Google Search and many more app likes media players ,bluetooth support and wifi .
|Release Date||February 2009|
- The Update Resolved bugs which were found in version 1.0
|Release Date||April 2009|
- Supports Keyboard predictions
- Widgets are introduced in this version
- Auto-rotation option
- Animated Screen Transition
- Media Support for video recording and playback in MPEG-4 and 3GP formats
- Ability to uploads videos to youtube
- Ability to upload photos to picasa.
|Release Date||September 2009|
- Text to speech technology is introduced.
- Support for WVGA screen resolutions.
- Speed improvements in searching and camera applications.
- Ability for users to select multiple photos for deletion.
- Gallery, camera and camcorder more fully integrated, with faster camera access.
|API Levels||5 , 6 , 7|
|Release Date||October 2009|
- Expanded Account sync allowing users to add mulitple accounts to device for synchronization.
- Live wallpapers were introduced in this version.
- Ability to search all saved SMS and MMS messages.
- Improvement in Google Maps.
- The Web Browser is refreshed with thumbnail ,double tap zoom and support for HTML 5 features.
- Camera Features like flash, digital zoom, white balance and colour effects are including in camera settings.
|Version||2.2 - 2.2.3|
|Release Date||May 2010|
- Speed, memory, and performance optimizations.
- Adobe Flash Player Support.
- USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality.
- Updated Market application with batch and automatic update features.
- Support for Bluetooth-enabled car and desk docks.
- Gallery allows users to view picture stacks using a zoom gesture.
|API Levels||9 , 10|
|Release Date||December 2010|
- Support for a front-facing camera for video calling .
- Support for Near Field Communication (NFC) .
- New Download Manager, giving users easy access to any file downloaded from the browser, email, or another application .
- Audio, graphical, and input enhancements for game developers .
|Version||3.0 - 3.2|
|API Levels||11 , 12 , 13|
|Release Date||February 2011|
- This version is Optimized to Support tablets.
- UI refinements.
- Keyboard Redesigned.
- Better 3D Support.
- Support for video chat using Google Talk.
- Multiple browser tabs.
- Improved Adobe Flash support in browser.
|Version||4.0.3 - 4.0.4|
|API Levels||14 , 15|
|Nickname||Ice Cream Sandwich|
|Release Date||October 2011|
- Face recognition for unlocking your phone.
- Calendar provider enhancements to support zoom functionality.
- Integrated screenshot capture (now accomplished by holding down the Power and Home buttons).
- Easy to create folders in drag and drop manner.
|Version||4.1 - 4.3|
|API Levels||16 , 17 , 18|
|Release Date||July 2012|
- Many security enhancements, performance . enhancements, and bug fixes are found in this version .
- Improvement in UI to make it faster and smooth .
- Improvement in notification ,such as photos or subject lines in emails.
- Group Messaging.
|Release Date||October 2013|
- Impressive display that will hide everything while reading or watching a movie .
- Kit Kat includes a new way to browse for and pick files.
- Email App Improvements .
- Introduced a printing framework .
- Android KitKat is optimizated to work on devices with as little as 512MB of RAM .
- KitKat includes a new way to browse for and pick files called file picker this supports both local, on-device storage and cloud storage services like google drive .