MYSQL is used as a database at the webserver and
PHP is a Scripting Language which we use to fetch data from the database into JSON format .
We will create a server side script using PHP which will get data from a MySQL database into JSON format. After that, we consume the JSON data into the Android client application. This is how we can connect Android with PHP and MySQL.
You need a Hosting Server account or you can also use your local wamp server (Install WAMP, XAMPP into your PC) .
I am using 000webhost.com as my hosting server , where i will setup mysql database and also place php scripts .
- Firstly Sign into 000webhost.com .
- Request for free hosting account with a free sub-domain .
Setting Up MySQL Database
Placing PHP Scripts
Below Screen Shows how and where to place the php scripts
Android PHP CRUD Operation
Android PHP tutorial is divided into 4 parts .
- Android PHP Insert Into MYSQL Database.
- Android PHP Read From MYSQL Database.
- Android PHP Update Into MYSQL Database.
- Android PHP Delete From MYSQL Database.
Demo Video of Final Output